Not only are they a great source of protein but they are also rich in omega 3s, vitamin B2, selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12, vitamin K, and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper! That’s why…
I LOVE having eggs for breakfast. And today, I have a SUPER simple and delicious recipe for you:
Easy Cheesy Egg Cups
-1 cup chopped fresh spinach
-sprinkle of cheddar cheese
-Avocado oil, coconut oil, or ghee to grease pan
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with avocado oil. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper.
2. Stir in the spinach and cheese.
3. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked.
4. Remove the muffins from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then, use a knife to loosen the muffins from the cups and remove.
5. Save in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These are great for meal prep. Feel free to top these with salsa , avocado or cheese when you are ready to enjoy them. Enjoy on a lower carb day!