This fudge recipe is great for a lower carb day treat. The fats from the peanut butter will give you a great energy boost and take care of that sweet tooth.
In this recipe, we will be using some protein powder to give you an extra boost. Protein powder is a great way to get additional protein to your diet!
Protein can help to develop lean muscle, encourage fat loss, increase satiety, deliver essential nutrients and even improve metabolic activity.
When choosing a protein powder, we recommend avoiding ones that have added preservatives and sugars as these will be hard for your bodies to digest. There are lots of protein powders that are good options, but Vital Proteins. The company uses very minimal ingredients, which is exactly what you want.
*These are great for snacks, a quick energy boost, or curbing dessert cravings. For best results, store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE PROTEIN FUDGE
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- Combine coconut oil and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave about 15- 20 seconds, until coconut oil and peanut butter melt.
- Stir cocoa powder into coconut oil mixture. Add protein powder and stir to combine. Add maple syrup for additional.
- Quickly pour mixture into a mini muffin tin, filling cups about a third of the way to the top.
- Freeze until fudge hardens.
- Remove from muffin tin and enjoy!
- Store remaining fudge in the freezer or refrigerator
Makes 12 pieces of fudge!
Did you like this recipe? We eat desserts like this ALL the time on our nutrition plans, and people are seeing amazing results. Want to join us?