This takes a classic BLT and gives it a fresh and healthy new twist!
The “Upgraded” BLT on Sweet Potato Toast and it is delicious! The ingredients and instructions are below the video:
• 1 large sweet potato
• 1 avocado
• 1 strip of bacon, cooked and crumbed
• Sun dried tomatoes
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch long vertical slices.
• Turn toaster all the way up to high and toast sweet potato slices twice. If it isn’t fully cooked or slightly browned after two times, you can toast it a third time.
• Mash avocado. Add mashed avocado to the top of the toasted sweet potato.
• Add a handful of arugula, crumbled bacon and sun dried tomatoes.
• Enjoy on a lower carb day!
*Note: We are using a thin slice of sweet potato and therefore this can be included on lower carb days.
In fact, it is great post workout fuel on those days!
One of our go to healthy carbs is the sweet potato!
They are a great source of many nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin and riboflavin. They are also high in carotenoids which have been said to help with eye health!